IPAL Moodle Plugin
- Current IPAL Release:
- Version 2013112901
- Release Notes:
- This version is the plug-in for Moodle versions 2.0 to 2.6. It supports receiving responses from both web-enabled devices and/or Turning Technology ResponseCard Clickers AND/OR (New) responses using the Android IPAL App developed by the DePauw University DOS group. The IPAL App is available from the Google Play store and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ipalandroid.
Moodle Installation Instructions
Requirements: Moodle version 2.1 or later and Moodle administrative privileges.
- Download the latest IPAL Moodle module (plug-in)
- Unzip the ipal2013112901.zip file.
- In the unzipped directory there is a mod directory and an ipal directory, /mod/ipal/. Locate the ipal directory.
- Locate your Moodle installation's root directory. It will have a mod directory containing a subdirectory for each Moodle activity (quiz, forum, etc.)
- If you already have ipal installed, replace the old ipal sub-directory in the Moodle mod directory with the new version of the ipal directory.
- If you don't have ipal installed, place the ipal directory including its contents into the Moodle mod directory.
- Log in to the Moodle site as an administrator and run the requested update.
Notice: To provide learner analytics, IPAL collects polling responses identified by only a Moodle ID number for the student. IPAL is unable to identify students from the ID number. Learn more
Privacy notice: IPAL will provide a utility to analyze polling responses that may help identify students at risk of dropping out of a course or out of school. To facilitate this, student responses to IPAL questions are sent to ComPADRE. The responses are identified only by the student's index number in the local Moodle "user" table.
IPAL is unable to identify a student from the student id. Only authorized individuals familiar with the Moodle instance at the local school may associate an ID number with a particular student.
If you do not want responses sent to ComPADRE so that the analytics can be performed, please open
/mod/ipal/lib.phpand comment out or remove the following line:
Please contact the IPAL project PI, William (Bill) Junkin if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-727-864-8239.