Physlets run in a Java-enabled browser, except Chrome, on the latest Windows & Mac operating systems. If Physlets do not run, click here for help on updating Java and setting Java security.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Physlets
This chapter serves as an introduction to the various types of interactive curricular material you will find in Physlet Quantum Physics 2E. In addition, this chapter gives a brief tutorial on the types of basic computer skills you will need to run, interact with, and complete the interactive exercises on the ComPADRE site. NOTE: In order to run these exercises you need to be on a laptop/desktop computer with a Java-enabled browser.
Table of Contents
- Section 1.1: Static Images Versus Physlet Animations.
- Section 1.2: Animations, Units, and Measurement.
- Section 1.3: Exploring the Input of Data: Numbers.
- Section 1.4: Exploring the Input of Data: Formulas.
- Section 1.5: Getting Data Out.
- Section 1.6: Exploring the Input of Data: Complex Expressions.
- Problem 1.1: Determine the wave function (real and complex) of the original wave function.
- Problem 1.2: A quantum-mechanical wave packet moves in an infinite well.
- Problem 1.3: Shown is the probability density for a quantum-mechanical plane wave.